I’ve always assumed that toothpaste was solely invented for brushing your teeth. But after this article, I’ll never look at the powerful little tube of potion the same way ever again. This stuff is incredible!
Toothpaste is one of the most popular household items in America. In fact, toothpaste is so common, I dare say you have at least one extra tube under your sink right now!
But the surprising reality is that toothpaste has many unknown and unappreciated uses that could be saving you precious time and money. So bust out that little tube and put it to good use!
Here are 15 incredible uses for non-gel toothpastes that have nothing to do with your teeth:
1. Strengthen nails by rubbing a small dab of toothpaste on each nail. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
2. Remove shoe scuffs by adding a dab of toothpaste on the scuffed area and rub with a soft cloth. Wipe clean with a dampened cloth. Viola! Your leather will look brand new!
3. Restore stained carpets by gently scrubbing them with a toothpaste and a brush. Rinse and repeat until the stain is gone.
4. Polish chrome by rubbing a little toothpaste into it, and you’ll see your reflection in no time! Whether you’re working on your kitchen appliances, bathroom faucets, or even your motorcycle, toothpaste is all you need to make them like new again!
5. Give your iron a good clean by applying toothpaste to its bottom while it’s cool, scrubbing it with a rag, and rinsing it clean!
6. Make your diamonds and jewelry sparkle by rubbing them with an old toothbrush and a little toothpaste. Clean off the residue with a damp cloth, and voilà!
7. Remove crayon marks from a wall by rubbing a small amount of toothpaste on the area before wiping it off with a damp cloth.
8. Fight acne by dabbing a little bit of toothpaste on the affected area. Toothpaste will dry out the inflammation, while the hydrogen peroxide it contains will disinfect your skin and prevent the bacteria from spreading.
9. Repair scratched cellphone screens by gently rubbing a small dab of toothpaste in soft, circular motions over the scratch until it disappears.
10. Help bruises and inflammation heal faster by mixing a little bit of toothpaste with lotion and applying the mixture to the injured area. Wrap the ointment with an elastic bandage before bed. Remove the bandage in morning and you’re all set!
11. Deodorize baby bottles and food containers by using toothpaste instead of soap. Follow by washing with soap as usual and kiss those nasty smells goodbye!
12. Safely remove ink or lipstick stains from fabric by adding toothpaste to the stain and vigorously rubbing the fabric together. Rinse with water and repeat if necessary.
13. Help itchy bug bites and painful burns heal by dabbing a dime-sized amount onto the affected area.
14. Restore your vehicle’s foggy headlights by putting toothpaste on a sponge and scrubbing in circular motions. Wipe the toothpaste off with a damp cloth and watch and be amazed!
15. Remove watermarks from wooden surfaces by gently applying some toothpaste with a soft cloth. Wipe the toothpaste off with a damp cloth and let dry before applying furniture polish.
Watch the video below for even more incredible ways toothpaste can change your life:
Did you ever think toothpaste could be so useful? Share with your friends if you learned something new about this small, yet powerful, $3 potion!