$1.97 is all you need to make the best gift ever for that special someone.
That is, only if your special someone is a cat – which I’m totally not ashamed to admit!
Cat lovers, behold the best DIY you’ve ever seen: a homemade scratching pad for your feline friend!
All you need is cardboard scraps, wooden screws, a tape measure or ruler, a box cutter, and some catnip.
Not only will this simple DIY save you a trip to the recycling bin, but it will also save your furniture from restless kitty claws!
1. Measure your cardboard so that the finished product will have a uniform height. Reddit user Guyon suggests using the measuring tape to mark off the cardboard in 3-inch increments, then using a straight edge to mark the length of the board.
2. Before you begin cutting, roll up the whole piece and give it some good creases by standing on it. “This will both make it easier to cut, and make it smoother when you start rolling up the cardboard in a moment,” Guyon explained.
3. Cut along your lines and you’ll end up with a mountain of strips. Guyon posted a picture of what some of his strips looked like.
4. Next you’ll roll the strips, starting from the center and rolling as tightly as you can.
5. Secure the tightly rolled cardboard to itself with a wooden screw.
6. Attach the next piece of cardboard strip around the tightly screwed cardboard, and repeat until you’ve reached your desired diameter.
Ta-da! Now your cat will love you even more – and you’ll definitely love your feline friend even more now that they have something to scratch up besides your furniture!
Share this article so more cat lovers can learn this trick!